The Rice Owls (0-2) will attempt to challenge punters when they take the field against the Texas Longhorns (1-1) on Saturday, September 18, 2021 as an overwhelming 26-point underdog. A total of 52.5 points has been established for this matchup.
For more information on gambling and fantasy, join the SI Winners Club newsletter.
Odds for Texas vs. Rice
Odds courtesy of Sports betting YES.
Over / Under Insights
- Saturday’s total is 11.0 points higher than the combined 41.5 PPP average of the two teams.
- These two teams score a combined 70 points per game, 17.5 more than the over / under in this contest.
- The average total in Longhorns games this season is 57.8, 5.3 points above Saturday’s over / under of 52.5.
- In 2021, games involving the Owls averaged a total of 51.0 points, 1.5 less than the over / under game in this game.
Texas Statistics and Trends
- So far this season, Texas has a win against Spread.
- The Longhorns scored 11.5 fewer points per game (29.5) than the Owls allow (41.0).
- The Longhorns accumulate 37.5 fewer yards per game (345.5) than the Owls allow per game (383.0).
- This year, the Longhorns have delivered the ball twice, once more than the Owls’ takeout (1).
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Texas at SISportsbook.
Rice statistics and trends
- Rice has not won against the spread this season.
- The Owls score 17.0 fewer points per game (12.0) than the Longhorns allow (29.0).
- The Owls accumulate 154.5 fewer yards per game (260.0) than the Longhorns allow per game (414.5).
- The Owls have turned the ball over six times this season, four more turnovers than the Longhorns have forced (2).
- Go to SISportsbook to find the last money line, margin, and over / under odds for this pairing.
Best Texas Players
- Hudson Card has thrown for 224 yards completing 66.7% of his passes (14 of 21), with two touchdowns and zero interceptions this year (224.0 yards per game).
- Bijan Robinson has rushed for a team-leading 103 yards on 20 attempts (103.0 yards per game) while scoring a touchdown. He also averages 73.0 receiving yards per game, catching four passes for 73 yards and a touchdown.
- So far this year, Keilan Robinson has rushed for 41 yards on eight carries (41.0 ypg).
- Jordan Whittington has seven receptions, leading his team with 113 yards (113.0 ypg) while also scoring a touchdown this season.
- Xavier Worthy has 34 receiving yards on one reception, averaging 34.0 yards per game.
Rice’s best players
- This year, Wiley Green has amassed 152 passing yards (152.0 yards per game) while going 12 of 25 (48% completion percentage) and throwing a touchdown and three interceptions.
- Khalan Griffin has produced 35 yards rushing (35.0 yards per game), the team’s most.
- Jordan Myers has rushed for 23 yards on 10 carries (23.0 yards per game), with a touchdown on the ground this year.
- August Pitre III has four receptions and sets the pace for his team with 97 receiving yards (97.0 ypg) while scoring a touchdown.
- Jake Bailey has also added four receptions for 47 yards.
- Bradley Rozner is averaging 30.0 yards per game, racking up two receptions for 30 yards.
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.