The promise of quick and easy money and ease of access make cryptocurrencies risky for people prone to addiction.
They are a relatively new phenomenon, but their growth has been so rapid that The first cryptocurrency addicts already exist admitted to Castle Craigthe first rehabilitation clinic with a specific program for cryptocurrency addicts.
invest in crypto like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin is basically a bet. How to invest in the Stock Market, or in companies. The mechanism is the same: you invest money at a price, betting that it will rise more, and thus you can sell more expensive and earn money.
But the tremendous volatility of cryptocurrenciesand the real possibility of become a millionaire in a short time, has attracted to them a large number of people who are prone to all kinds of addictions, from drugs to gambling. And cryptocurrencies are too tasty candy to ignore.
A few days ago we published an interview with a Bitcoin addict, who in just 4 years He went from earning 100,000 euros a year in a stable job, to losing everything.
This anonymous Briton has been hospitalized for more than a year in castle craig, the first rehabilitation clinic in the world with a specific program for cryptocurrency addicts.
castle craig andIt’s an old restored mansion, standing in the middle of an isolated forest in Scotland. It’s a peaceful place, surrounded by nature, where residents can tend to a vegetable garden and farm with animals, as part of their therapy. In this video you can see how it is inside:
Since it was founded in 1988, has already rehabilitated more than 10,000 peoplemostly alcoholics and gambling fans.
But for 3 years, he has been running a pioneering program for treating crypto addicts.
This program follows a treatment similar to that of gambling addicts. It is based on a restructuring of daily life, with strict schedule routines, which teach how to control sudden attacks of anxiety over gambling. In the case of cryptocurrency addicts, nothing from the Internet until certain objectives are met.
A program in 15 phases that can last for monthsand even more than a year, has already obtained positive results in several patients.
How to know if you are addicted to cryptocurrencies?
The problem with addictions is that the person affected never recognizes them.
The Castle Craig clinic offers us some clues to know if a person is addicted to cryptocurrencies:
- They consider it an escape from stress or boredom
- Gives temporary relief to feelings of sadness and loneliness
- It can feel like an escape route
- It can replace or appear alongside other addictions (known as “cross addiction”).
The addicted cryptocurrency investor will do all or part of the following:
- Devote all your time and money to online trading
- Experiencing financial problems
- Chase their losses (they spend more to recoup their losses)
- Constantly borrowing from family and friends, or stealing to finance your habit
- They believe that a great victory is about to take place
- Pawn your belongings to raise funds
- Lying to your friends and family about the extent of your losses
- Experiencing mood swings, depression, and hopelessness
- Constantly thinking about the next investment
- They become restless or irritable when trying to cut down or quit smoking
- deny the problem
- Trying too many times to control, cut down, or quit smoking
If you or someone you know meets most of these premises, it’s time to act… And that is, as with any addiction. must be remedied as soon as possible.
You have more information on the Castle Craig Hospital website.
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism