To get your money you must provide your information to the IRS using the “Non-Filers” tool.
Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images
If you have not yet received a stimulus check from the first round, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) may need more information about your eligibility.
To get your money, you must provide your information to the IRS using their “Non-Filers” before this Saturday, November 21 at 12 pm PT (3 pm ET).
Under the CARES Act, all qualified individuals with dependents age 16 or younger were eligible to receive up to $ 500 per dependent. But not all people received that extra money. The last day to claim the missing payment and receive it this year It has also spread to this Saturday, November 21 at 12 pm PT
To claim your lost stimulus check using the tool Non-Filers from the IRS this is what you should do:
- You must create an account with your email address and phone number, along with a user ID and password.
- You will be directed to a screen where you must enter your marital status (single or married filing joint return) and personal information.
- There is a box to check if someone else can claim you or your spouse as a dependent.
- You can then enter your bank information (if you prefer not to or don’t have a bank, the IRS will mail you a check).
- The system will take you to another screen to enter more personal information to verify your identity.
- After you fill out the forms, you will receive an email from Customer Service at Free File Fillable Forms in which you acknowledge that you have submitted your information successfully, or you are informed that there is a problem and how you should correct it.
- The site uses your information to automatically complete a Form 1040 and send it to the IRS to calculate and send you a payment.
It is important that you know that if you filed a tax refund for 2019, even if you have not been requested, don’t use this toolas it will only delay the processing of your return and any refund.
When will your lost stimulus check arrive?
If your payment did not arrive in the first round, but you registered in the tool Non-Filers before November 21 At 12 pm PT, the IRS will tell you that you will receive your payment in late 2020.
To track the status of your payment, you must use the tool “Get My Payment” del IRS.
When could you receive the missing money for your dependents?
If you used the tool Non-Filers from May 5 to August 15, the IRS should have automatically issued the upgrade payment for your dependents in October.
If you received the stimulus check money by direct deposit, you should have received the recovery payment the same way. Others should have received it in the mail.
If you requested your missing dependent money for November 21, payment should arrive by the end of 2020, in the same way that you received your first payment. If you missed the deadline, your check will be included on your 2020 tax return in 2021.
To check the status of your payment or that of your dependent, use the tool “Get My Payment”From the IRS for follow-up. You should also receive a notice in the mail informing you that an additional $ 500 has been issued for each qualifying minor.
You may be interested:
Digsmak is a news publisher with over 12 years of reporting experiance; and have published in many industry leading publications and news sites.