Through 3 Quarters
The Minnesota Timberwolves are just one quarter away from delivering their fans the win they’ve been expecting. It’s looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the San Antonio Spurs as Minnesota lead 100-82.
Small forward Anthony Edwards has led the way so far for the Timberwolves, as he has shot 5-for-8 from beyond the arc and has recorded 35 points, seven dimes and five rebounds. One thing to keep an eye out for is Taurean Prince’s foul situation as he currently sits at five.
Shooting guard Devin Vassell (18 points) has been the top scorer for San Antonio.
San Antonio has lost 95% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
San Antonio @ Minnesota
Current Records: San Antonio 34-45; Minnesota 45-35
What to Know
The San Antonio Spurs will square off against the Minnesota Timberwolves at 8 p.m. ET Thursday at Target Center. The Spurs aren’t favored, but they just beat the odds in their last contest, so don’t count them out.
San Antonio didn’t have too much trouble with the Denver Nuggets on the road on Tuesday as they won 116-97. San Antonio can attribute much of their success to shooting guard Devin Vassell, who had 20 points along with eight boards, and point guard Tre Jones, who posted a double-double on 14 points and ten dimes.
Meanwhile, the matchup between Minnesota and the Washington Wizards on Tuesday was not a total blowout, but with Minnesota falling 132-114 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. What made the loss an especially bitter pill for Minnesota to swallow was that they had been favored by 12 points coming into the game. Center Karl-Anthony Towns put forth a good effort for the losing side as he dropped a double-double on 26 points and ten rebounds.
The Spurs are now 34-45 while the Timberwolves sit at 45-35. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: San Antonio enters the contest with only 18 fouls per game on average, good for second best in the league. But Minnesota comes into the matchup boasting the second most fouls drawn per game in the league at 20.9. The ref’s whistle might dictate the flow of action in this one.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Target Center — Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: Bally Sports – North
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $19.00
The Timberwolves are a solid 7-point favorite against the Spurs, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors have moved against the Timberwolves slightly, as the game opened with the Timberwolves as an 8.5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
San Antonio have won 14 out of their last 21 games against Minnesota.
- Mar 14, 2022 – Minnesota 149 vs. San Antonio 139
- Nov 18, 2021 – Minnesota 115 vs. San Antonio 90
- Feb 03, 2021 – San Antonio 111 vs. Minnesota 108
- Jan 10, 2021 – Minnesota 96 vs. San Antonio 88
- Jan 09, 2021 – San Antonio 125 vs. Minnesota 122
- Nov 27, 2019 – Minnesota 113 vs. San Antonio 101
- Nov 13, 2019 – Minnesota 129 vs. San Antonio 114
- Jan 18, 2019 – San Antonio 116 vs. Minnesota 113
- Dec 21, 2018 – San Antonio 124 vs. Minnesota 98
- Nov 28, 2018 – Minnesota 128 vs. San Antonio 89
- Oct 17, 2018 – San Antonio 112 vs. Minnesota 108
- Mar 17, 2018 – San Antonio 117 vs. Minnesota 101
- Nov 15, 2017 – Minnesota 98 vs. San Antonio 86
- Oct 18, 2017 – San Antonio 107 vs. Minnesota 99
- Mar 21, 2017 – San Antonio 100 vs. Minnesota 93
- Mar 04, 2017 – San Antonio 97 vs. Minnesota 90
- Jan 17, 2017 – San Antonio 122 vs. Minnesota 114
- Dec 06, 2016 – San Antonio 105 vs. Minnesota 91
- Mar 08, 2016 – San Antonio 116 vs. Minnesota 91
- Dec 28, 2015 – San Antonio 101 vs. Minnesota 95
- Dec 23, 2015 – San Antonio 108 vs. Minnesota 83
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Patrick Beverley: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- D’Angelo Russell: Game-Time Decision (Hamstring)
- Malik Beasley: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Jaden McDaniels: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
Injury Report for San Antonio
- Jock Landale: Out (Foot)
- Dejounte Murray: Out (Illness)
- Lonnie Walker IV: Out (Back)
- Doug McDermott: Out (Ankle)
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism