Through 3 Quarters
After a tough loss on the road their last time out, the Minnesota Timberwolves look much better today on their home court. After three quarters neither squad has the game in the bag, but the Timberwolves lead 88-85 over the Phoenix Suns.
Minnesota has been relying on power forward Jarred Vanderbilt, who has posted a double-double on 12 points and ten boards, and center Karl-Anthony Towns, who has 15 points in addition to eight rebounds and two blocks. Towns does need to be careful, however, as he is in foul trouble with four.
Phoenix has been led by center Deandre Ayton, who so far has dropped a double-double on 24 points and 13 rebounds. This makes it four consecutive games in which Ayton has had at least ten rebounds.
Current Records: Phoenix 58-14; Minnesota 42-31
What to Know
The Phoenix Suns will take on the Minnesota Timberwolves at 8 pm ET Wednesday at Target Center after having had a few days off. Averaging 131.2 points in their past five games, Phoenix’s high-powered offense has been in full-swing lately, so Minnesota better be ready for a challenge.
It may have taken overtime to finish the job, but the Suns ultimately got the result they were hoping for on Sunday with a 127-124 win over the Sacramento Kings. Shooting guard Devin Booker and small forward Mikal Bridges were among the main playmakers for Phoenix as the former had 31 points and five assists along with seven rebounds and the latter had 27 points.
Speaking of close games: Minnesota was close but no cigar on Monday as they fell 110-108 to the Dallas Mavericks. Minnesota’s defeat came about despite a quality game from center Karl-Anthony Towns, who had 22 points in addition to eight boards.
Phoenix’s victory brought them up to 58-14 while the Timberwolves’ loss pulled them down to 42-31. Two offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Suns come into the game boasting the highest field goal percentage in the league at 48.60%. Minnesota has displayed some offensive firepower of their own as they enter the contest with 115.4 points per game on average, which is the best in the league.
how to watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 pm ET
- Where: Target Center–Minneapolis, Minn.
- TV: Bally Sports – Arizona
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS SportsApp
- Ticket Cost: $42.00
The Suns are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Timberwolves, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Phoenix have won 11 out of their last 21 games against Minnesota.
- Jan 28, 2022 – Phoenix 134 vs. Minnesota 124
- Nov 15, 2021 – Phoenix 99 vs. Minnesota 96
- Mar 19, 2021 – Phoenix 113 vs. Minnesota 101
- Mar 18, 2021 – Minnesota 123 vs. Phoenix 119
- Feb 28, 2021 – Phoenix 118 vs. Minnesota 99
- Dec 09, 2019 – Phoenix 125vs. Minnesota 109
- Nov 23, 2019 – Phoenix 100 vs. Minnesota 98
- Jan 22, 2019 – Minnesota 118 vs. Phoenix 91
- Jan 20, 2019 – Minnesota 116 vs. Phoenix 114
- Dec 15, 2018 – Phoenix 107 vs. Minnesota 99
- Dec 23, 2017 – Minnesota 115 vs. Phoenix 106
- Dec 16, 2017 – Phoenix 108 vs. Minnesota 106
- Nov 26, 2017 – Minnesota 119 vs. Phoenix 108
- Nov 11, 2017 – Phoenix 118 vs. Minnesota 110
- Jan 24, 2017 – Minnesota 112 vs. Phoenix 111
- Dec 19, 2016 – Minnesota 115 vs. Phoenix 108
- Nov 25, 2016 – Minnesota 98 vs. Phoenix 85
- Mar 28, 2016 – Minnesota 121 vs. Phoenix 116
- Mar 14, 2016 – Phoenix 107 vs. Minnesota 104
- Jan 17, 2016 – Minnesota 117 vs. Phoenix 87
- Dec 13, 2015 – Phoenix 108 vs. Minnesota 101
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Karl-Anthony Towns: Game-Time Decision (Forearm)
- Jaden McDaniels: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Chris Paul: Out (Thumb)
- Cameron Johnson: Out (Quadriceps)
- Iffe Lundberg: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Dario Saric: Out (Knee)
- Frank Kaminsky: Out (Knee)
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism