Sleeping the hours we need and doing it on a good mattress is essential to recover the energy we spend on a day-to-day basis. If you are looking for one and want to do it online, we are going to help you so that you have all the necessary criteria to make the best possible purchase.
There is no doubt that to rest correctly the mattress is a fundamental part. That is why it is so essential that, if you have in mind to change the current one, you decide on one that offers you the greatest possible comfort.
For many people it is a real odyssey to buy a mattress, since not only are there various sizes, various materials and certain thicknesses, but now you can even choose one based on the way you sleep or based on your age to select one.
The variety of profiles that we now have in mattresses makes the perfect choice even more difficult to achieve, so it is best to have some guidelines to follow when buying a mattress and even more so when we want to do it online.
We know that sleeping is relevant to good health, that is something that no one doubts. But many times we do not know how we should do it correctly.
No matter how good a mattress we have, if we do not follow certain guidelines, it will be difficult for us to really be rested and ready at the end of the night, with all the necessary strength to face a new day.
How many times have we gotten out of bed feeling more tired than the day before?
To rest properly we must sleep a certain number of hours, depending on our age:
- Newborns (0-3 months): the ideal is that they sleep between 14-17 hours each day, admitting that being between 11 am and 12 am is also an acceptable figure.
- Babies (4-11 months): it is necessary that they be between 12-15 hours sleeping, avoiding more than 18 hours.
- Age from 3 to 5 years: they should sleep between 10 and 12 hours, never less than 7, nor more than 16 hours.
- School age (6-13): it would be advisable to sleep between 9 and 11 hours.
- From 14 to 17 years old: the range of sleep in which they should move is approximately 10 hours, making sure that it is always more than less.
- Youth (18 to 25): The range moves between 7-9 hours a day. They should not sleep less than 6 but not more than 11 hours.
- Adults (up to 64 years): adults should sleep between 7 and 9 hours to recover energy for the next day.
- People over 65: so that they are rested and their body recovered as much as possible, they should sleep between 7-8 hours a day.
Sleep experts also consider that there are a series of guidelines that must be followed so that they not only rest for the hours they are sleeping, but also help certain behaviors.
To have a totally healthy sleep we must:
- Mkeep a schedule more or less fixed to go to bed, even on weekends,
- always try go to sleep relaxed and for that we can use some kind of routine if we consider it so.
- The physical exercise It can help you sleep better, as it is a good way for our body to rest.
- limit drinks that can affect sleep such as caffeine or alcohol.
- We must have some light and audio conditions with which we feel comfortable and thus be able to better sleep.
- Limit mobile hassle, smartwatch and such devices.
- sleep in a comfortable mattress and pillow.
Buy a mattress online
Before getting into the matter to know what we must take into account to buy the best mattress for us and our needs, we must bear in mind that we want to buy it online, so we must also be aware of certain parameters.
If we follow these tips, we should not have the slightest problem when buying a mattress online.
- web design: if we see that it is a poorly designed website, that it is missing things or that its way of expressing itself is simply bad (as if they had used a translator), be suspicious and do not buy.
- Payment method: if the payment methods it offers are not known, it may be a clear sign that we are dealing with a website that should not be trusted by you.
- contact section: Another thing that is usually an unequivocal symptom that a website is fraudulent is when it does not have a contact section or it does, but it always gives an error when using it.
- Return: something that we should pay close attention to is the website’s return policy if we are not happy with the mattress. Since it is too important an element for us to have to keep it if it does not give the expected size.
What should we look for to buy the best mattress
Now we are going to see a few keys to choose the best mattress, with which we are most comfortable to sleep and with which we will recover all the energy to continue each day.
If we have everything that we are going to see very much in mind, we will surely choose with total precision:
Weight and height
As is normal, both our weight and height will influence the purchase of any rest system.
The ideal thing for us to be as comfortable as possible is for the mattress to measure between 10 and 15cm more than the height we have.
In the case of thickness, it is always advisable to have between 15 and 20 cm.
If we talk about the width, we recommend a 90 or 110 cm bed if you sleep alonebut if he falls asleep accompanied the best thing will be that I have 150 or 160 cm wideunless you want to opt out of calls King size beds that are 200 x 200 cm.
If you weigh little, the best thing is a more soft mattress, but if you weigh more than 90 kilograms, there is no doubt that your mattress should be hard.
if you usually Sleep on your back, the best will be a rather hard mattress. In this way you can avoid spinal problems (cervical and lumbar).
sleeping on side most of the timeit is best that you buy a mattress of intermediate hardness, since it adapts better to the shoulders, the hips and even the position of the arms.
If your preferred position is to sleep on your stomachthe mattress that you should acquire is a soft one with which you can avoid bad postures that can affect your neck and even the torsion of the spine itself.
If you’re a person who moves a lot In bed, it is best to have a more or less hard mattress, but if you go too far, it could be counterproductive. Also, it needs to be as adaptable as possible, which is good because you’re going to have multiple poses in one night.
There are a good number of materials which will depend a lot on the type of need that each person has.
It is best to know what they are and what type of preference it fits.
|Economical and manageable
|Adaptable and perfect for movement
|Loses properties over the years
|People who move a lot, since it adapts perfectly to the body
|breathable and durable
|Somewhat loud and noisy
|Hypoallergenic and adaptable
|Heavy and overpriced
|Perfectly adaptable and for articulated beds
This is indeed an absolutely personal issue, since each one has to set a budget for your mattress which, how could it be otherwise, will depend on our circumstances.
In any case, we should not go crazy and think that everything that is most expensive will be the best for us. If we follow the advice that we have told you, surely there is more than one option within our budget.
Some of the best options
As we already have criteria to choose the best mattress and we already know what we must take into account when buying them online, it seems correct to leave you some examples of mattresses that you can buy if you like them.
In this way you will not have to look for yourself, we have already done it:
Now that you know what you should take into account, you have been able to read the advice and several very interesting mattress models are at your disposal, it is time for you to choose which one is the best for you and your needs.
If you want to tell us, you can do it through all our social networks. We want to know your choice and opinion.
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism