Telling you that Windows 11 has new features compared to Windows 10 is something you know, as well as being obvious. But if I tell you that there are certain functions that are not visible to the naked eye and that mark these differences even more, maybe there you are not so sure. Let’s see some of them.
The differences between Windows 11 and its predecessor are evident, not only in the design, but also in certain distinctive functions or that the previous version simply did not have, in differentiating menus or even in the performance of both systems.
As is normal, there are also parts in which both coincide, nor was it logical to disassociate one hundred percent.
But there are some hidden features or that are not visible at first, such as the ones we are going to see next, some of them really interesting.
Dynamic refresh rate
With the dynamic refresh rate, the system will be able to go moving from one frequency to another depending on what you need at any given time.
The DDR system it will make the battery last longer (in the case of a laptop) and will improve the performance of our computer.
We must take into account that your equipment must be compatible with this system, so the variable update (VRS) it must be compatible with our monitor, the panel must have a refresh rate of 120Hz or higher, and the Windows display driver must be up to date.
If we meet the requirements, to enable the dynamic refresh rate we must perform the following steps:
- We open the Configuration by pressing the keys Windows + I.
- We are going to System.
- Now, in the right panel, we select Screen and then Advanced screen.
- We click on Choose a refresh rate and we select Dynamic (60Hz or 120Hz).
In order for the colors in our games or in your favorite movies to be brighter, brighter and more vivid, we must turn on HDR Windows 11
Of course, we must make sure that the monitor is compatible with the high dynamic range HDR10.
If we want to enable them, we must do the following:
- We open the Setting of Windows 11 and on System click on Screen.
- Now we click on HDR.
- So we enable both HDR Video Streaming Playback Y use HDR.
Windows 11 has more than 1,500 emojis that we can use at all times when we are writing.
In addition to that, Windows has added the Fluent style emoji. In order to take advantage of them, we must have version 22000.346 or later installed on our computer.
Yes it is, we just have to press Windows + period key (.) and we will see the selector, where there will also be GIF or special characters.
Windows 11 has incorporated some really cool security features like SmartApp Controla system that provides protection against malware, by preventing harmful or untrustworthy applications from being installed or run.
To configure Smart App Control we must do the following:
- We are going to Settingthen click on Privacy & Security to then enter windows security.
- After that we must search and click on Application and browser control.
- Now we will see that just below where it says Reputation-Based Protection there is a key that says Activatewhich we must press.
- When we have pressed we can enter Reputation-Based Protection Settingsto be able to manage this protection more to our liking or leave it as it is.
Easily scroll up or down
When you have two windows open in Windows, one next to the other, you will only be able to move from top to bottom through the one you have marked.
Well, so that, by moving the cursor in any open window, we can scroll through any of the two windows, saving us a good number of clicks, we can enable a new Windows 11 function.
- We open the Setting of Windows.
- We are going to bluetooth and devices and then click on Mouse.
- In the new window we only have to activate the switch next to Scroll inactive windows on mouseover.
Link the phone with the PC
Thanks to the Mobile Link application, you can have your Android linked to the Windows operating system to be able to interact with it in different ways.
By connecting them you can view and reply to messages, answer calls with the headphones you have on to listen to music from the PC or if it has a built-in microphone, you will be able to see all notifications you want from your smartphone to your computer, you can transfer files from one to another and much more.
Even if it is the case, you will be able to handle OneDrive or other applications of the smartphone on the computer, to get to have a View of our phone on the PC screen and thus be able to use it as we would if it were in our hands.
These are the main functions that Windows 11 has and that are not visible to the naked eye, which must be enabled to take effect.
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism