Infantino is back with the trophy in hand, as tonight is about him, it seems. He is talking to Sinclair through a video call from the future. He doesn’t even have a replica trophy to pet. Infantino talks about Sinclair before allowing him to thank everyone for the award.
First of all, we have a ‘Special Award’ for Canada’s Christine Sinclair, who has scored 188 goals in 303 appearances for her country, which is not bad at all.
Gianni Infantino has appeared, which is a relief. Let’s indulge him for a while.
He is welcoming everyone to Zurich. Although there are only three people at this ceremony in person.
“We have all been suffering for two years, but it is important to know that health comes first.”
Who will present the One Show tonight? Matt Albright? Ron Keating? Matt Baker?
Jermaine Jenas and Reshwin Chaudhry from The One Show are our hosts. What luxury.
I just want to thank you for joining me as Dominic Cummings uses Twitter to try to take down the government.
“Great coverage,” Email Ben Fisher. “Winning the Most Improved Player award for Portishead Juniors U13 remains comfortably my biggest achievement.”
Sadly, that’s where the improvement ended for Ben, as his teammates will find out tonight in five-a-side.
Let’s review the goals of the Puskas Award, starting with Erik Lamela.
Here’s a little look at the prizes that will be awarded tonight. Why can’t everyone win? Where is the prize that has improved the most?
Men’s FIFA Player
- Robert Lewandowski (Poland and Bayern Munich)
- Lionel Messi (Argentina, Barcelona and PSG)
- Mo Salah (Egypt and Liverpool)
- Jennifer Hermoso (Spain and Barcelona)
- Alexia Putellas (Spain and Barcelona)
- Sam Kerr (Australia and Chelsea)
FIFA Men’s Coach
- Pep Guardiola (Man City)
- Thomas Tuchel (Chelsea)
- Roberto Mancini (Italy)
FIFA Women’s Coach
- Lluis Cortes (Barcelona)
- Emma HayesChelsea
- Sarina Wiegman (Netherlands and England)
FIFA men’s goalkeeper
- Gianluigi Donnarumma (Italy, AC Milan and PSG)
- Edouard Mendy (Senegal and Chelsea)
- Manuel Neuer (Germany and Bayern Munich)
FIFA women’s goalkeeper
- Ann-Katrin Berger (Germany and Chelsea)
- Christiane Endler (Chiles, PSG and Lyon)
- Stephanie Lynn Marie Labbé (Canada, Rosengrad and PSG)
- Erik Lamela – Arsenal vs Tottenham, Premier League (March 14, 2021)
- Patrik Schick – Czech Republic vs Scotland, Euro 2020 (June 14, 2021)
- Mehdi Taremi – Chelsea vs FC Porto, Champions League (April 13, 2021)
The award ceremony named in honor of Tina Turner’s love of the game is here once again. I’m sure you’re as excited as I am to find out who picks up the gongs and then check out the Twitter opinion on why someone’s favorite player should have won at the expense of another great footballer.
We not only found out The best players in the men’s and women’s game but also many other categories of the world game. We will tour gongs for coaches, goalkeepers and the Puskas Award for the best goal. In between, I’m sure we’ll be treated to some brilliant interviews and apologies to the people who couldn’t be there in person.
In the meantime, this is it.
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism