On Tuesday, the Boston Red Sox (7-10) are visiting the Toronto Blue Jays (11-6), at 7:07 PM ET. The Red Sox have lost three in a row.
The Blue Jays are favored (-187 moneyline odds) when they host the Red Sox (+159). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Toronto Blue Jays looking to Kevin Gausman (1-1), and Nick Pivetta (0-3) taking the ball for the Boston Red Sox.
Yesterday, the Blue Jays picked up a 6-2 win over the Red Sox, with Adam Cimber (1.0 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 0 K) registering the win for the Blue Jays. Bo Bichette finished 1-for-4 with a home run and four RBI to lead the offensive showing. Matt Strahm (0.1 IP, 2 R, 2 H, 0 K) was credited with the loss for the Red Sox.
Here’s what you need to get ready for Tuesday’s Blue Jays vs. Red Sox contest.
Toronto Blue Jays vs. Boston Red Sox Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Tuesday at 5:04 AM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Blue Jays (-187, bet $187 to win $100)
- Underdog: Red Sox (+159, bet $100 to win $159)
- Over/under: 8
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Blue Jays Stats and Trends
Blue Jays Betting Records
- The Blue Jays have been favorites in 10 games this season and won eight (80%) of those contests.
- Toronto has entered five games this season favored by -187 or more and is 3-2 in those contests.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Blue Jays have a 65.2% chance to win.
- Games involving Toronto have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in five of 16 chances this season.
- The Blue Jays are 9-7-0 against the spread this season.
Kevin Gausman (Blue Jays Probable Starter)
- Gausman (1-1) will take the mound for the Blue Jays, his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run and allowed seven hits in eight innings pitched against the Boston Red Sox on Thursday.
- The 31-year-old has an ERA of 2.89, a strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.125 in three games this season.
- Gausman will look to finish five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- The Red Sox rank 18th in MLB with 60 runs scored this season. They have a .225 batting average this campaign with 11 home runs (24th in the league).
- The right-hander has faced the Red Sox one time this season, allowing them to go 7-for-28 with an RBI in eight innings.
- The 31-year-old ranks 27th in ERA (2.89), 35th in WHIP (1.125), and eighth in K/9 (10.6) among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
Blue Jays Batting Stats
- The Blue Jays have hit 25 homers to lead Major League Baseball this season.
- Hitters for the Blue Jays lead the majors with a combined .430 team slugging percentage.
- Toronto ranks fifth in MLB with a .253 team batting average.
- The Blue Jays have scored 72 runs this season, which ranks 10th in MLB.
- Toronto has an on-base percentage of .308 this season, which ranks 18th in the league.
- The Blue Jays rank 17th with an average of 8.5 strikeouts per game.
Red Sox Stats and Trends
Red Sox Betting Records
- The Red Sox have come away with two wins in the nine contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This is the worst odds of a win that sportsbooks have given Boston this season with a +159 moneyline set for this game.
- The Red Sox have an implied victory probability of 38.6% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Boston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in four of their 17 opportunities.
- The Red Sox have posted a record of 9-8-0 against the spread this season.
Nick Pivetta (Red Sox Probable Starter)
- Pivetta makes the start for the Red Sox, his fourth of the season. He is 0-3 with a 10.03 ERA and 10 strikeouts in 11 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday, the right-hander went four innings against the Toronto Blue Jays, giving up five earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- Over three games this season, the 29-year-old has put up a 10.03 ERA and 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .333 to his opponents.
- Pivetta has pitched five or more innings in a game one time this season heading into this game.
- He meets a Blue Jays offense that ranks 10th in the league with 72 total runs scored while batting .253 as a squad. His opponent has a collective .430 slugging percentage (first in MLB play) and has hit a total of 25 home runs (first in the league).
- Pivetta has pitched four innings, giving up five earned runs on seven hits while striking out four against the Blue Jays this season.
Red Sox Batting Stats
- The Red Sox rank 24th in MLB action with 11 total home runs.
- So far this season, the Red Sox’s .347 slugging percentage is 20th in baseball.
- Boston’s .225 batting average ranks 19th in MLB.
- The offense for the Red Sox is the No. 18 offense in baseball scoring 3.5 runs per game (60 total runs).
- Boston ranks 27th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .274.
- The Red Sox strike out 7.9 times per game, the No. 11 mark in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism