The Troy Trojans (1-1) are the favorites by 9.5 points on Saturday, September 18, 2021 against the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (1-1). The total is 50.5 points for this match.
For more information on gambling and fantasy, join the SI Winners Club newsletter.
Odds for Troy vs Southern Miss
Odds courtesy of Sports betting YES.
Over / Under Insights
- Saturday’s over / under is 5.5 points lower than the two teams’ combined 56 points per game average.
- The over / under from this contest is 23.0 points higher than the 27.5 that these two teams combine to allow per game this season.
- The Trojans’ game average total this season is 62.5, 12.0 points above Saturday’s total of 50.5.
- The 50.5 points over / under this game is 0.8 points below the average total of 51.3 points per game in Golden Eagles games this season.
Troy statistics and trends
- The Trojans scored 34.0 points per game, 18.5 more than the Golden Eagles gave up per game (15.5).
- The Trojans are averaging 348.0 yards per game, 127.5 more than the 220.5 yards the Golden Eagles allow per game.
- Troy is 0-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall when the team adds more than 220.5 yards.
- The Trojans have two turnovers this season, equal to the Golden Eagles’ number of recoveries.
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Troy at SISportsbook.
Southern Miss statistics and trends
- Southern Miss has covered the spread once this season.
- This year, the Golden Eagles accumulate 10.0 more points per game (22.0) than the Trojans give up (12.0).
- The Golden Eagles accumulate 84.5 more yards per game (348.5) than the Trojans allow per game (264.0).
- This season, the Golden Eagles have turned the ball around five times, one more than the Trojans (4).
- Go to SISportsbook to find the last money line, margin, and over / under odds for this pairing.
Troy’s best players
- This year, Taylor Powell has accumulated 231 passing yards (231.0 yards per game) while accelerating 17 of 28 (60.7% completion percentage) and throws two touchdowns and an interception.
- Kimani Vidal has a team-best 81 rushing yards (81.0 per game) and a touchdown.
- BJ Smith has 54 yards on 10 carries (54.0 ypg), with a rushing touchdown.
- This season, Tez Johnson has five receptions and leads the team with 92 yards (92.0 per game) while scoring a touchdown.
- Luke Whittemore has added three receptions for 52 yards this year. He averages 52.0 receiving yards per game.
- Deshon Stoudemire has accumulated 35 yards on two receptions with a touchdown, averaging 35.0 yards per game.
Southern Miss Top Players
- Trey Lowe III leads the team with 133 passing yards (133.0 yards per game) and has a 44.8% completion percentage this year (13 of 29) with two interceptions. He also has 24 rushing yards on 19 carries with a touchdown, averaging 24.0 yards per game.
- Frank Gore Jr. has a team-best 81 rushing yards (81.0 per game) and zero touchdowns. He has scored a reception for 23 yards (23.0 yards per game).
- This season, Jakarius Caston has three receptions for a total of 38 receiving yards (38.0 per game).
- Brad Dennis’ stat line this year shows three receptions for 26 yards. He averages 26.0 receiving yards per game.
- This season, Demarcus Jones is averaging 24.0 yards per game, with three receptions for 24 yards.
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.