The Wake Forest Demon Deacons (1-0) are heavily favored by 42 points against the FCS Norfolk State Spartans on Saturday, Sept. 11, 2021 at Truist Field. The game’s over / under is set to 57.5.
This article does not include statistics or information on Norfolk State, as they did not play any games at the Division I level last season.
For more information on gambling and fantasy, join the SI Winners Club newsletter.
Odds for Wake Forest vs. Norfolk State
Odds courtesy of Sports betting YES.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite spread odds||Spread quotas of the underdog||Total||More than total odds||Below Total Odds|
Over / Under Insights
- Saturday’s over / under is 5.5 points higher than the two teams’ combined average of 52 points per game.
- The total from this contest is 1.5 points less than the 59 these two squads combine to give up per game in 2021.
- Demon Deacons games this season feature an average total of 64.0 points, a number 6.5 points higher than Saturday’s over / under.
Wake Forest Statistics and Trends
- Last time, the Demon Deacons edged the Old Dominion Monarchs, 42-10. The Demon Deacons covered the difference as favorites of 31.5 points.
- Find the latest odds and place your bets on the Demon Deacons to cover the spread on SISportsbook.
- The total score in that game was 64 points over / under.
- This year, the Demon Deacons are averaging 7.0 fewer points per game (42.0) than the Spartans surrender (49.0).
- The Demon Deacons accumulate 352.0 yards per game, 89.0 yards less than the 441.0 that the Spartans out.
- The Demon Deacons have delivered the ball once more (1 total) than the Spartans have forced a rotation (0) this season.
Norfolk State Statistics and Trends
- Do you think this game will be below the total? Go to SISportsbook for the latest odds and prices, and place your bets.
- This year, the Spartans accumulate per game (10.0) than the Demon Deacons give up (10.0).
- The Spartans collect per game (272.0) that the Demon Deacons deliver per contest (272.0).
- The Spartans have two turnovers this season, equal to the Demon Deacons’ carry-ons.
Wake Forest best players
- This season, Sam Hartman has accumulated 182 passing yards (182.0 yards per game) while hitting 17 of 26 passes (65.4% completion percentage), with three touchdowns and zero interceptions.
- Christian Beal-Smith has rushed the team-leading 74 yards on 11 carries (74.0 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Judge Ellison has 48 yards on nine carries (48.0 ypg).
- AT Perry has four receptions and sets the pace for his team with 81 receiving yards (81.0 ypg) while scoring a touchdown.
- Jaquarii Roberson has also contributed six receptions for 46 yards and a touchdown this year. He averages 46.0 receiving yards per game.
- This season, Ke’Shawn Williams has caught three passes for 21 yards and a touchdown, averaging 21.0 receiving yards per game.
Norfolk State Top Players
- Juwan Carter has thrown for 125 yards while completing 44.4% of his passes (8 of 18), with a touchdown and an interception this year (125.0 yards per game).
- Kevin Johnson has a team-best 56 yards rushing (56.0 per game) and zero touchdowns. He has scored a reception for 17 yards (17.0 yards per game).
- JJ Davis has 41 yards on 13 carries (41.0 ypg).
- Justin Smith has two receptions, leading his team with 48 yards (48.0 ypg) while scoring a touchdown this season.
- Da’Quan Felton has scored two receptions for 32 yards.
- Marcque Ellington has 21 receiving yards on two receptions, averaging 21.0 yards per game.
Wake Forest Demon Deacons vs. Norfolk State Spartans Game Information
- Game’s Day: Saturday, September 11, 2021
- Game time: 12:00 pm ET
- Television channel: ACC Network Extra
- Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Stadium: Truist field
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.