Through 2 Quarters
The Golden State Warriors are flexing their muscles against the Denver Nuggets, showing why they were favored to win all along. Golden State has emerged as the frontrunner at halftime and is ahead of Denver 63-54.
The Warriors haven’t had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to 12 points or fewer. Another thing to keep an eye out for is Jonathan Kuminga’s foul situation as he currently sits at three.
Denver has been relying on the performance of center Nikola Jokic, who has dropped a double-double on 16 points and 15 boards. A double-double would be Jokic’s 12th in a row.
Denver hasn’t been much of a second-half team this year, losing 74% of the time when they were down at the break.
Denver @ Golden State
Current Records: Denver 32-25; Golden State 42-16
What to Know
The Golden State Warriors will be playing at home against the Denver Nuggets at 10 pm ET on Wednesday. Both teams looked pretty sloppy on the offensive side of the ball the last time they faced off, scoring just 175 points combined.
On Monday, Golden State lost to the Los Angeles Clippers on the road by a decisive 119-104 margin. Shooting guard Klay Thompson had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 26 minutes but putting up just seven points on 3-for-14 shooting.
Meanwhile, Denver netted a 121-111 victory over the Orlando Magic on Monday. The Nuggets’ center Nikola Jokic did his thing and dropped a double-double on 26 points and 15 boards in addition to seven dimes. That makes it seven consecutive games in which Jokic has had at least 11 rebounds.
Golden State is the favorite in this one, with an expected 5-point margin of victory. Now might not be the best time to take Golden State against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past four consecutive games.
Golden State is now 42-16 while Denver sits at 32-25. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Warriors have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 43.20%, which places them second in the league. But the Nuggets rank third in the league when it comes to field goal percentage, with 47.30% on the season. These opposing strengths should make for an exciting matchup.
how to watch
- When: Wednesday at 10 pm ET
- Where: Chase Center — San Francisco, Calif.
- TV: Altitude Sports & Entertainment
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS SportsApp
- TicketCost: $55.00
The Warriors are a 5-point favorite against the Nuggets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Golden State have won 13 out of their last 21 games against Denver.
- Dec 28, 2021 – Denver 89 vs. golden state 86
- Apr 23, 2021 – Golden State 118 vs. Denver 97
- Apr 12, 2021 – Golden State 116 vs. Denver 107
- Jan 14, 2021 – Denver 114 vs. golden state 104
- Mar 03, 2020 – Golden State 116 vs. Denver 100
- Jan 16, 2020 – Denver 134 vs. golden state 131
- Apr 02, 2019 – Golden State 116 vs. Denver 102
- Mar 08, 2019 – Golden State 122 vs. Denver 105
- Jan 15, 2019 – Golden State 142 vs. Denver 111
- Oct 21, 2018 – Denver 100 vs. golden state 98
- Feb 03, 2018 – Denver 115 vs. golden state 108
- Jan 08, 2018 – Golden State 124 vs. Denver 114
- Dec 23, 2017 – Denver 96 vs. golden state 81
- Nov 04, 2017 – Golden State 127 vs. Denver 108
- Feb 13, 2017 – Denver 132 vs. golden state 110
- Jan 02, 2017 – Golden State 127 vs. Denver 119
- Nov 10, 2016 – Golden State 125 vs. Denver 101
- Jan 13, 2016 – Denver 112 vs. golden state 110
- Jan 02, 2016 – Golden State 111 vs. Denver 108
- Nov 22, 2015 – Golden State 118 vs. Denver 105
- Nov 06, 2015 – Golden State 119 vs. Denver 104
Injury Report for Golden State
- Andre Iguodala: Out (Back)
- Draymond Green: Out (Back)
- James Wiseman: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Denver
- DeMarcus Cousins: Out (Illness)
- Zeke Nnaji: Out (Hamstring)
- Jamal Murray: Out (Knee)
- Vlatko Cancar: Out (Foot)
- Michael Porter Jr.: Out (Back)
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism