Through 3 Quarters
The Charlotte Hornets are giving their home crowd exactly what it was hoping to see. After three quarters it’s looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Toronto Raptors as Charlotte lead 97-61.
The Hornets have been riding high on the performance of shooting guard Terry Rozier, who has 21 points and six assists in addition to four boards. Power forward Scottie Barnes has led the way so far for Toronto, as he has 20 points along with four rebounds.
Charlotte’s lead is the biggest they have had this year going into the fourth quarter.
Toronto @ Charlotte
Current Records: Toronto 32-25; Charlotte 29-31
What to Know
After a few days’ rest for both teams, the Toronto Raptors and the Charlotte Hornets will meet up at 7 pm ET Feb. 25 at Spectrum Center. Toronto is the slight favorite, but fans of both teams should be in for an exciting game likely to go down to the wire.
While not quite a landslide, the matchup between the Raptors and the Minnesota Timberwolves last Wednesday was still a pretty decisive one as Toronto wrapped it up with a 103-91 win on the road. Toronto’s shooting guard Gary Trent Jr. filled up the stat sheet, shooting 5-for-12 from beyond the arc and finishing with 30 points. Trent Jr. had some trouble finding his footing against the New Orleans Pelicans last week, so this was a step in the right direction.
Meanwhile, Charlotte fought the good fight in their overtime contest against the Miami Heat last week but wound up with a less-than-desirable result, falling 111-107. Charlotte’s loss shouldn’t obscure the performances of center Montrezl Harrell, who had 24 points in addition to eight boards, and power forward Miles Bridges, who posted a double-double on 29 points and 11 rebounds.
The Raptors’ victory brought them up to 32-25 while the Hornets’ defeat pulled them down to 29-31. A pair of offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Toronto has only been able to knock down 44.30% percent of their shots, which is the fifth lowest field goal percentage in the league. Charlotte’s offense has more to brag about, as they enter the game with 113.8 points per game on average, which is the best in the league.
how to watch
- When: Friday at 7 pm ET
- Where: Spectrum Center–Charlotte, North Carolina
- TV: The Sports Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS SportsApp
- TicketCost: $6.00
The Raptors are a slight 2-point favorite against the Hornets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 2-point spread, and stayed right there.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Toronto have won 15 out of their last 22 games against Charlotte.
- Feb 07, 2022 – Toronto 116 vs. charlotte 101
- Jan 25, 2022 – Toronto 125vs. charlotte 113
- Mar 13, 2021 – Charlotte 114 vs. toronto 104
- Jan 16, 2021 – Toronto 116 vs. charlotte 113
- Jan 14, 2021 – Toronto 111 vs. charlotte 108
- Feb 28, 2020 – Charlotte 99 vs. toronto 96
- Jan 08, 2020 – Toronto 112 vs. charlotte 110
- Nov 18, 2019 – Toronto 132 vs. charlotte 96
- Apr 05, 2019 – Charlotte 113 vs. toronto 111
- Mar 24, 2019 – Charlotte 115 vs. Toronto 114
- Oct 22, 2018 – Toronto 127 vs. charlotte 106
- Mar 04, 2018 – Toronto 103 vs. charlotte 98
- Feb 11, 2018 – Toronto 123 vs. charlotte 103
- Dec 20, 2017 – Toronto 129 vs. charlotte 111
- Nov 29, 2017 – Toronto 126 vs. charlotte 113
- Mar 29, 2017 – Charlotte 110 vs. Toronto 106
- Feb 15, 2017 – Toronto 90 vs. charlotte 85
- Jan 20, 2017 – Charlotte 113 vs. Toronto 78
- Nov 11, 2016 – Toronto 113 vs. charlotte 111
- Apr 05, 2016 – Toronto 96 vs. charlotte 90
- Jan 01, 2016 – Toronto 104 vs. charlotte 94
- Dec 17, 2015 – Charlotte 109 vs. Toronto 99
Injury Report for Charlotte
- Jalen McDaniels: Out (Ankle)
- Nick Richards: Out (Foot)
- Gordon Hayward: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Toronto
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism