Five years ago, Berners-Lee coined the term “Semantic Web” to describe a network in which machines would process content in a human-like way and in which all data would be connected and understood contextually and conceptually.
Today, although the wave of Web 2.0 is still unfolding, we are already seeing the first growth spurts emerging in so-called Web 3.0 Internet applications. Given the relevance that this event will have, IEBS Business School has explained these concepts.
“Blockchain technology will be essential for the birth of this new Internet reality, which will extend to all areas of life, both personal and professional. That is why starting to train in this technology will offer a wide range of professional opportunities in the future”, says Oscar Fuente, Director and Founder of IEBS.
Web 3.0 is the third generation of Internet services for web pages and applications. It will focus on the use of machine-based data understanding to provide a semantic and dataified Web.
The ultimate goal of Web 3.0 is to create smarter, more connected, and more open websites. Although not yet implemented, there are some technologies that will define this new website that are already being developed.
Smart home appliances using wireless networks and IoT are examples of how Web 3.0 is already impacting technology. The main benefits of Web 3.0 are:
- Reliability: This network will give creators and users more freedom in general. It will ensure that the latter always have control over their online data by using decentralized networks. The next version of the Internet is also expected to be more reliable given its decentralized nature, which eliminates the possibility of a single point of failure.
- For all: It does not need to be controlled by a single entity. The largest companies may no longer have full control over the Internet. As a result, decentralized applications or apps cannot be censored or restricted in any way.
- Personalization: The Internet user’s browsing experience can also be personalized because this type of website will be able to understand their preferences. This will also allow you to browse more productively.
Web 3.0 will be the third generation of Internet services for web pages and applications, based on technologies such as blockchain
- Sell better: Sellers will better understand the purchasing needs of their customers and show them those products and services that they are interested in buying with the help of artificial intelligence. This will allow you to see better and more relevant ads, which are more likely to convert.
- Fewer interruptions: Since data will be stored in distributed databases by decentralization, users will not have to worry about service interruptions or account suspensions for technical reasons.
- Safer: Web 3.0 uses blockchain technology, unlike Web 2.0, which takes advantage of the Internet to develop applications. It is technically safer to store customer data on a blockchain as it is decentralized and its use by businesses is transparent, thus protecting it from hackers.
- Decentralized: Blockchain technology also integrates decentralization. This allows users two things: on the one hand, it protects their data and, on the other hand, it establishes a direct interaction without intermediaries.
Master in Blockchain and Fintech
To help understand the global landscape of blockchain and financial technologies, IEBS offers the Master in Blockchain and Fintechan innovative program to learn how the blockchain works as distributed systems and understand the fundamental architecture and algorithms on which they are based, among other things.
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism