PATRICK T. FALLON / AFP / Getty Images
This day it became official what had been speculating for several days: As of November 8, the United States will reopen its borders, both land and air, to foreigners who have already completed their vaccination schedule against the coronavirus.
This was made known by Kevin Muñoz, a spokesman for the White House, with this message posted via Twitter:
This new entry policy to the United States due to the Covid-19 pandemic implies that a person who was not born or does not live in the nation and wishes to enter it to make visits that are considered non-essential (understand tourism or family visit), They must show the card or official document issued by the country where you have been vaccinated, where it is specified what type of vaccine was given, as well as the inoculation dates.
But visitors must take into account something very important. According to the new safety guidelines, someone is considered fully vaccinated if they have received the guidelines for vaccines approved by the US and by the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as those that are on their list. for emergency use.
What are the approved vaccines to enter the United States?
This is the list of approved vaccines, both by the WHO and by the US, with which you can enter the country as of November 8:
* Johnson & Johnson
What vaccines are not on the list to enter the United States?
* Sputnik V: The vaccine is of Russian origin and despite having a high degree of effectiveness according to its creators (91.6%), the WHO has not yet granted it its approval. The problem is that in Mexico and in a large part of Latin America, it has been applied, so that inhabitants of these nations, for now, will not be able to enter the United States.
* Novavax: It is manufactured in the USA and according to data from phase 3 of a study, it is 90.4% effective. Novavax has yet to apply for emergency use with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It is not yet applied in any country.
* Abdala and Sovereign: These vaccines are produced in Cuba and are even being applied to minors from 2 years of age. The island’s government is in the process of seeking approval from the WHO.
It may interest you:
* COVID: Pfizer Vaccine Effectiveness Decreases Over Months; still protects against death and hospitalization in 90%
* Pfizer asks the FDA to authorize its coronavirus vaccine for children between 5 and 11 years old
* More than 250,000 New Yorkers have been vaccinated thanks to the incentive to receive $ 100
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.