The 32-team field for the 2021-2022 UEFA Champions League is ready. All eyes are now on the group stage draw in Istanbul, Turkey on Thursday, August 26.
The 32 names of the teams will be divided into four different pots and from each one a name will be drawn to shape the eight groups. The only important caveat: no club can play a team from their own country in the group stage.
Each team will play a total of six group stage matches and the top two from each group will advance to the knockout stages of the Champions League in February 2022. Teams finishing third in each group will be eliminated, but will fall. in the knockout stage of the UEFA Europa League, where they will face the group runners-up of the UEFA Europa League.
The Champions League group stage matches will be played in the following six windows: September 14-15, September 28-29, October 19-20, November 2-3, November 23-24 and December 7th. 8.
How to watch the Champions League group stage draw
- Date: Thursday, August 26
- Weather: 12 a. M. ET
- Television channel: CBS Sports Network (CBSSN)
- Stream: fuboTV, CBS Sports HQ, Paramount +, CBS Sports app
CBS will broadcast the Champions League draw live on CBS Sports Network (CBSSN) and will broadcast on all of its platforms. CBSSN feed will air live on fuboTV (7-day free trial).
Team pumps for the group stage draw
The 32 teams are divided into four pots containing eight teams each. One name from each pot will be drawn from Pool A through Pool H.
The group of eight teams in Pot 1 is predetermined: it will consist of the champions of the Champions League (Chelsea), the champions of the Europa League (Villarreal CF) and the champions of the six highest-ranked associations: Spain (Atlético de Madrid), England (Manchester City), Germany (Bayern Munich), Italy (Inter Milan), France (Lille) and Portugal (Sporting CP).
- Bayern Munich (Germany) – 134
- Manchester city (England) – 125
- Atletico Madrid (Spain) – 115
- Chelsea (England) – 98
- Villarreal (Spain / UEFA Europa League champion) – 63
- Inter de Milan (Italy) – 53
- Sporting CP (Portugal) – 45.5
- LOSC Lille (France) – 14
- Real Madrid (Spain) – 127
- FC Barcelona (Spain) – 122
- Juventus (Italy) – 120
- United manchester (England) – 113
- Paris saint germain (France) – 113
- Liverpool (England) – 101
- Seville (Spain) – 98
- Borussia Dortmund (Germany) – 90
- FC Porto (Portugal) – 87
- Ajax (Holland) – 82.5
- Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine) – 79
- RB Leipzig (Germany) – 66
- RB Salzburg (Austria) – 59
- Benfica (Portugal) – 58
- Atalanta (Italy) – 50.5
- Zenit Saint Petersburg (Russia) – 50
- Besiktas (Turkey) – 49
- Dynamo of Kiev (Ukraine) – 47
- Club Bruges (Belgium) – 35.5
- BSC Young Boys (Switzerland) – 35
- AC Milan (Italy) – 31
- Malmo FF (Sweden) – 18.5
- VfL Wolfsburg (Germany) – 14.5
- Sheriff Tiraspol (Moldova) – 14.5
UEFA Champions League clubs by country
|No. of teams||Country||Qualified teams|
|5||Spain||Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Seville, Villarreal|
|4||England||Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea|
|4||Germany||Bayern Munich, RB Leipzig, Borussia Dortmund, VfL Wolfsburg|
|4||Italy||Inter Milan, Atalanta, AC Milan, Juventus|
|3||Portugal||Sporting CP, Porto, Benfica|
|2||France||LOSC Lille, Paris Saint-Germain|
|2||Ukraine||Dynamo Kyiv, Shakhtar Donetsk|
|1||Russia||Zenit Saint Petersburg|
|1||Switzerland||BSC Young Boys|
How to watch the UEFA Champions League
The 2021-22 UEFA Champions League will be held in the United States on CBS (English) and Univision (Spanish).
- Dates: 29 days from September 2021 to May 2022
- TV channels: CBS, CBS Sports Network-CBSSN (selected matches only)
- Spanish television: Univision, TUDN, UniMas, Galavisión
- Streaming (English): Paramount +
- Streaming (Spanish): PrendeTV, TUDN.tv (authenticated users)
The games that are broadcast on CBS or Univision TV channels will be streamed on fuboTV (7-day free trial).
Eddie is an Australian news reporter with over 9 years in the industry and has published on Forbes and tech crunch.