Through 2 Quarters
Both the Los Angeles Lakers and the Washington Wizards have kept the scorekeepers busy with 129 between them two quarters in. Los Angeles has emerged as the frontrunner and is ahead of Washington 69-60.
Small forward LeBron James has led the way so far for the Lakers, as he has 23 points and four assists along with seven boards. One thing to keep an eye out for is Wenyen Gabriel’s foul situation as he currently sits at three.
The Wizards have been relying on small forward Deni Avdija, who has 12 points and three assists in addition to two rebounds, and shooting guard Corey Kispert, who has eight points and three assists.
Los Angeles @ Washington
Current Records: Los Angeles 30-40; Washington 29-40
What to Know
The Los Angeles Lakers and the Washington Wizards will face off at 8 p.m. ET March 19 at Capital One Arena without much rest after finishing up games yesterday. Los Angeles will be strutting in after a victory while Washington will be stumbling in from a loss.
It may have taken overtime to finish the job, but the Lakers ultimately got the result they were hoping for on Friday with a 128-123 win over the Toronto Raptors. It was another big night for Los Angeles’ small forward LeBron James, who had 36 points and seven assists in addition to nine rebounds.
Speaking of close games: it was close but no cigar for Washington as they fell 100-97 to the New York Knicks on Friday. A silver lining for Washington was the play of power forward Kristaps Porzingis, who dropped a double-double on 18 points and 11 boards.
Los Angeles is expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Oklahoma City Thunder Nov. 4 easily too and instead slipped up with a 107-104. In other words, don’t count the Wizards out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Capital One Arena — Washington, District of Columbia
- TV: NBC Sports Washington
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $135.00
The Wizards are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Lakers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Wizards as a 1.5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Washington have won seven out of their last 12 games against Los Angeles.
- Mar 11, 2022 – Los Angeles 122 vs. Washington 109
- Apr 28, 2021 – Washington 116 vs. Los Angeles 107
- Feb 22, 2021 – Washington 127 vs. Los Angeles 124
- Nov 29, 2019 – Los Angeles 125 vs. Washington 103
- Mar 26, 2019 – Los Angeles 124 vs. Washington 106
- Dec 16, 2018 – Washington 128 vs. Los Angeles 110
- Nov 09, 2017 – Washington 111 vs. Los Angeles 95
- Oct 25, 2017 – Los Angeles 102 vs. Washington 99
- Mar 28, 2017 – Washington 119 vs. Los Angeles 108
- Feb 02, 2017 – Washington 116 vs. Los Angeles 108
- Mar 27, 2016 – Washington 101 vs. Los Angeles 88
- Dec 02, 2015 – Los Angeles 108 vs. Washington 104
Injury Report for Washington
- Vernon Carey Jr.: Out (Hip)
- Bradley Beal: Out for the Season (Wrist)
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- LeBron James: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Wayne Ellington: Out (Illness)
- Kendrick Nunn: Out (Knee)
- Anthony Davis: Out (Foot)
George is Digismak’s reported cum editor with 13 years of experience in Journalism